Chronic Dev Team has just released Absinthe for Windows to let you untethered jailbreak your iPhone 4S and iPad 2 on iOS 5.0/5.0.1. Mac version was released earlier and a Linux version is also available now.
Absinthe for windows is compatible with iPad 2 running iOS 5.0.1 and iOS 5.0 and iPhone 4S running iOS 5.0.
Download Absinthe for Windows.
1. Make sure that your iPad 2 is on iOS 5.0.1. If you have iPhone 4S you can keep on iOS 5.0 in case you want to unlock it in future, if not, go for iOS 5.0.1.
2. Extract Absinthe you downloaded above and run it.
3. Connect your iPhone 4S or iPad 2 to the PC and press the Jailbreak button on Absinthe.
4. Absinthe would complete the several steps of the jailbreak and reboot your device once done.
5. Once you have your device booted, you’d notice the Absinthe icon on the home screen of your iPad 2 or iPhone 4S. Tap it and your device would reboot. In case, the site is down and your device doesn’t reboot, go to Settings > Network > VPN and turn VPN on. You’ll get an error message, it’s just normal. Wait a few seconds and your device would reboot.
6. Once rebooted, your device will have cydia installed. Enjoy and don’t forget to share your experience in the comments section below.